Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Natural Rehydrating Tea

My kids had the stomach flu and were throwing up throughout the day. Needless to say our Gatorade supply ran out. I did not want to leave my kids alone to run to our grocery store. And I did not want to drag my sick kids out to the store. Nevertheless I needed something the kids could drink to rehydrate. Then it happened, I flipped the container of Gatorade around and saw the ingredients; water, sucrose syrup, glucose-fructose syrup, citric acid, natural grape flavor with other natural flavors, salt, sodium citrate, mono-potassium phosphate, red 40, Blue 1. WOW!!! Good thing I did not have anymore. I decided to search for something natural. The solution was found online when I Google healthier alternatives to Gatorade. Wellnessmama.com was the site I based my recipe on. The recipe called for fruit flavored juice, but I just used fruit flavored tea. There are so many varieties at the store that you can find a tea that you like. My kids loved the Wild Berry tea dehydrator. I also made frozen pops that they loved even better. Bye Bye Gatorade.

1              Quart of water
2T            Honey
1/8           Sea Salt
                (contains minerals)
4-6bags    Fruit Flavored Tea


1. Boil 2 cups of water and steep the tea.

2. Remove the tea bags and add honey and salt. Stir until all is dissolved well.

3. Pour into a container and add the rest of your water (2 cups more). 

4. Drink hot or cold.

Based on the Global Healing Center the Himalayas Salt is known as “white gold,” Himalayan Crystal Salt contains the same 84 natural minerals and elements found in the human body. This g form of salt has also been maturing over the past 250 million years under intense tectonic pressure, creating an environment of zero exposure to toxins and impurities.
Himalayan salt’s unique cellular structure allows it to store vibrational energy. Its minerals exist in a colloidal form, meaning that they are tiny enough for our cells to easily absorb.

Read more: http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/himalayan-crystal-salt-benefits/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment