Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

3 Ingredients Granola Cookies


I was looking for a fast and tasty oatmeal cookie recipe that was also healthy. I found this at Pinterest, but modified the recipe.  The recipe called for instant oatmeal, but I only had steel cut. I stood in front of my pantry and saw granola cereal. I decided that would be a good substitute. My granola had almonds and vanilla extract. You can use your favorite flavor variety. Here is my version of the recipe:

2 1/2c      Granola (any variety) 
2              Overripe Bananas
                Chocolate Chip


Preheat oven to 350.

1. In a bowl placed all the granola and bananas.

2. With a fork, mashed the bananas with the granola until combined.

3. Form 1 inch balls and place them in a oiled baking pan. It should look like thick oatmeal. If you can't form a ball that holds, add 1 T of granola at a time.

4. Flatten the cookies with your fingers.

5. Insert 3 chocolate chips per cookie. This is a good way to control how much chocolate each cookie has. Even Steven !!!

6. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.

7. Move cookies to a wire rack and cool.

These cookies have no sugar and no flour. You can use dairy free chocolate chips for a vegan version. You can also use gluten free oats instead of granola if you are sensitive to those ingredients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment