Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Garden Vegetable Bacon Egg Muffin

I was walking down the Costco frozen section, and I noticed zucchini egg muffins. They looked delicious and convenient. A quick pop in your mouth on your way out the door in the mornings. I looked at the ingredients and realized how simple they were.  "I can make them at home" was my finally thought as I put the box back and walked to the next aisle. When I got home I looked online for breakfast egg muffins recipes. There are so many variations. I also looked for quiche, and frittata's recipes. My recipe is a combination of various recipes found online and my favorites ingredients.  I placed the individual vegetables in the muffin pan instead of combining all in a bowl. This method will ensure that each muffins has the same quantity of vegetables.  

1/3c       zucchini  
1/3c       red onions
1/3c       kale
1/3c       red pepper
1/3c       diced potato with season salt
6            eggs
3/4c       coconut milk
1/4c       pepper
1t          salt
1/4t       garlic powder
12         slices of turkey bacon
 
Preheat oven for 350 degrees.

1.   Dice all the vegetables and keep them separated.
2.   Cook the potatoes in a pan until done, about 15 minutes. Season with season salt and garlic powder.
3.   Spray the muffin pan with oil
4.   Place the bacon around the inside of each muffin space.
5.   Add your vegetables and potatoes
6.   Whisk the eggs and milk.
7.   Season with salt and pepper and pour in each muffin space about 3/4 full.
             8.   Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.

I added goat cheese to my muffins after I took them out of the oven. I did not prefer it. The cheese changed the flavor dramatically. Good for me I only added cheese to that one muffin. Therefore add cheese cautiously and add your own risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment