I love chocolate and I probably eat a few serving sizes in one sitting. Therefore I decided to look for recipes that are better for me.   There are varies recipes for avocado mousse in pinterest. I decided to use one that had the least amount of ingredients.Fast and simple was my idea. I also decided to use ingredients that are more beneficial to me. 


My first step was to upgrade to cacao powder.   Cacao has more antioxidant flavonoids than any food tested so far, including blueberries, red wine, and black and green teas. In fact, it has up to four times the quantity of antioxidants found in green tea. It also contains an abundance of magnesium and iron.
Read more: http://navitasnaturals.com/product/441/Cacao-Powder.html

I also switch to xylitol sugar. Xylitol is only slowly absorbed and partially utilized; therefore allowing a reduced calorie claim, 2.4 calories per gram or 40% less than other carbohydrates and none of the negative tooth decay or insulin release effects of sugar. It also has a low glycemic index (7) and has little effect on blood sugar levels. In addition, the body does not require insulin to metabolize xylitol, which has made it a widely used sweetener for the diabetic diet in some countries.
Read more: http://www.xlear.com/about-xylitol.aspx

The main ingredients is aquacate/avocado. Avocados contain a wide variety of vitamins, such as vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E, that have antioxidant properties to help ward off illness and disease. Avocados are considered a good source of soluble fiber. Soluble fiber is an important part of a healthy diet because it helps reduce overall cholesterol levels in the blood. Diets high in monounsaturated fat can reduce the risk of heart disease and other cardiovascular problems. About 82 percent of the fat found in an avocado is in the form of healthy monounsaturated fat.
Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/241640-avocado-nutritional-benefits/#ixzz2JqqHibPW

To make all the ingredient blend together I used coconut milk. I love the taste of coconut so I also added coconut oil. But you can omit this flavor and just use any milk. The reason I love coconut milk is it helps in controlling your weight.  Coconut milk makes you feel full very quickly because of high concentrations of dietary fiber. In addition, it aids in building strong bones. Coconut milk is not rich in calcium, but it is rich in phosphorus. Phosphorus is an essential nutrient that the body needs for strengthening bones. It is must to take phosphorus with calcium particularly to prevent bone loss because it supplies phosphate to the body. Coconut milk helps in warding off colds and coughs by keeping the immune system healthy. It supplies vitamin C to the body which boosts the immune system.
 Read more: http://www.drgranny.com/2011/05/05/benefits-of-coconut-milk/ 

OK now here is the recipe:

1/3 c          Cacao Powder
2                Avocados
1/4c           Xylitol Sugar
1/2c           Coconut Milk
2T              Coconut Oil (optional)

Put all the ingredients in a food processor and puree.  Add more milk to change the thickness of the mousse.
This is how it looks half way through pureeing . You can still see some avocado lumps. I added two more tablespoons of milk and continued to puree.
This is the final product. I loved it!!! It was creamy and had a rich chocolate flavor. I was able to make this snack in about  3 minutes.  I can definitely make this as an after school snack without the guilt of other chocolate treats.