My family and I tried for 14 days to live without bread. The idea was to detox our body of the gluten found in our daily food choices. Then incorporate sprouted wheat items back into our diet, slowly. A quick substitute for us was tortillas. But the problem I can across while shopping for tortillas is that they are made out of corn or flour. I wanted an alternative to tortillas that were gluten free and corn free. I did not find any at the grocery stores, so I started looking for gluten free, corn free recipes for tortillas recipe online. I can across this recipe in Pinterest and loved it. I modified it a bit, so here is my version.

1/4c      Flax Meal
6 T        Hot Water
1c         Flax Meal
2T        Quinoa flour
1t          Salt

Combine 1/4c flax meal and the hot water and mix it and forget it. It will form a gooey paste. In a separate bowl add 1c of flax meal, flour, salt and your flax meal paste. Knead with wet hands and form 8 balls.  Flatten thinly under two parchment paper or two plastic bag squares. If you want perfect circle tortillas use a bowl to cut out your shape.  Lightly oil your pan and heat your tortilla under medium heat. Each side should be 15-20 seconds. The longer you cook the tortillas, the crispier.  Serve and enjoy.

UPDATE:

I had the idea to convert my tortillas into a gluten free Wasa like flat bread. I made the tortilla thicker and cooked it for about 30-40 seconds.  I top it off with peanut butter and jelly. AMAZING!!! The flat bread was crispy and the flax seed did not overpower the toppings. This is a great alternative to crackers. Its gluten free, dairy free and nut free.