Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Coconut Basmati Rice

I really enjoy the flavor of basmati rice. Even more so if it is coconut flavored. I have made this rice along side curry sweet potato. The flavor mix well and chickpeas adds protein. Together it is a complete vegan meal.  I estimated that 1 cup of rice makes 12 servings sizes. Each serving size was 1/4c. The above picture was made my filling a 1/4 measuring cup with rice and inverting it to my plate.





1c           Basmati Rice
13.5oz    Coconut Milk (1 can)
1/2t         Salt
1/2t         Garlic Powder
2T           Coconut Oil

1.  Set your burner for medium-high heat. In a medium pot add your oil and rice.

2.  Saute until the rice is translucent.

3.  Add the coconut milk, salt and garlic powder.

4.  Bring to a boil.  Simmer on low and cover pot.

5.  Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the milk is absorbed.

6.  Turn heat off and wait 5 minutes then fluff with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment